Did I mention that my oil shipment arrived from Lorenzo last week?
Purva and David came over and I cooked up:
- this easy fennel/sausage/lentil dish I love
- a simple salad dressed with Lorenzo's oil, lemon juice and Maldon salt
- a bowl of Calabro ricotta drizzled with the oil and covered in toasted pine nuts
- a bowl full of cubed parmiagiano reggianno (oh lordy)
- a loaf of ciabatta from Grandaisy bakery
- a bowl of oil
- a bowl of Maldon
And it was very very good. It bears repeating: if the ingredients are amazing, you don't have to do much to eat like a king.